Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Milestones

On Christmas Day our little girl turned 10 months old. 10 months already, I can hardly believe it. Last year at this time I was waddling around while people were telling me "any day now". With two months to go this was not all that fun to hear. I think back on how anxious I was and realize those thoughts were so very valid. Life now is more than I ever hoped it would be, I love being a mom.
Our little over achiever never stops. In this very short month she has just about reached every milestone expected for her first year. I guess this means she is not a procrastinator like her dear old mom. A few months back we were all amazed when she would crawl right up the stairs… now she is going back down just as easy as she went up them. No need for gates now, although she does scare me at times, but she honestly has the hang of them. She has also taken her first steps! Two to be exact and boy were they cute. She did it right in front of both Preston and I. Of course we clapped and she got all excited.
I know it will come as a surprise to you all, but our little Preslynn is a talker ;) Right before Thanksgiving she decided she wanted her first word to be "kitty". Much to our disapproval since neither of us are cat people. At this point we did however contemplate getting another cat. We started thinking back to the days of our cat Eleanor and changed that thinking very quickly, a stuffed animal will have to do for now. (Thanks Auntie Mona) A month later she now has a handful of words and everyday it seems she is adding another.
I know I was set on the fact that her first word was "mama", but I have since given that fight up. Baby, hi and nonono are the newest with the addition of dada last night as she stared at his photo on the computer. Of course I called him so he could listen to her sweet little voice say those simple little words that mean so much, dada. On another note and as sad as it is, I believe Preslynn thinks that Frank's name is "nonono". She changes her entire tone of voice when she says it, totally cracks us up.
Christmas was incredibly cute. Watching her open her new baby doll from Grandpa Johnson was just too precious. Frank stepped on the package to reveal a small part of the baby and it was all over from there. With squeals, giggles and smiles she crawled over gifts to tear open the rest of the gift. Of course the baby was strapped to the box with a million twist ties but this did not stop her from hugging it. As Preston took the doll away to get it out of the box she turned to me with the saddest little pout face and started to cry. I think we are in trouble. (Once I figure out how to get the video on my computer I will be sharing with you all.) This was the first of many gifts, laughs and smiles on our first Christmas with our little girl.
I hope you were all blessed with a wonderful Christmas making memories with family and friends!

1 comment:

Tenacious Designs said...

I'd like to talk to you about your tenacious designs blog - you don't seem to be using it and I would really very much like to use the name as the name of my business is Tenacious Designs - is there any way you would consider passing it along to me?

Thank you!