Thursday, December 27, 2007

The count down

Here we sit with two months to go before we welcome our little one into this world. It is still hard for me to fathom the idea of being a mom. Raising a child, trying to make all of the right decisions, sounds like a lot of pressure to me. I know some of it will come naturally but I also have a feeling "home" will be one of my most often called numbers. Mom's just seem to know everything, and well I guess more than likely they learned from their mothers. So my question is, how did Eve know? Being even a couple hours away from my own mom makes me feel a little like Eve. The very first mother, no paths to follow, no books to read, just intuition? I myself have read a handful of books regarding pregnancy. Most of the chapters are enjoyable and worthy of reading. There are a couple though that I do have a problem with... The actual description of child birth. Watching "Knocked Up" was enough for me to swallow. Showing the crowning of the babies head not once but THREE times... To tell you the truth, I do not care to know the gritty details of child birth. I would rather jump into the situation a little differently. Like going to a movie that you have yet to see a preview for. Who really wants to know about how much pain you are really going to be in. The stories from mothers that have already endured this oh so joyous moment are truly enough for me. The other day I had the pleasure of hearing all about the "back labor" that a co-worker went through. Is this necessary people? Thank you mom for not sharing this part of your 4 pregnancies with me! Well and I guess a big thanks goes out to Eve for taking a bite of that tempting little apple. Was it red or green? I think it may possibly be easier for me to understand if I knew the color.

No comments: